New Game (below the
puzzle) to Start.
Click and drag on letters to highlight the words you find
from the word list.
New Game to scramble the letters and try again.
Want to know more about the words we selected?
will open a new window. Close the window to return here.
- how we greet and treat each other
- this one should be obvious!
- the tree of life in the Pacific
- King Kalakaua, the last King of Hawaii
- Queen, married to Kamehameha IV
- pua in Hawaiian, found everywhere!
- tropical fruit
- also obvious?
- the official flower of the island of Oahu
- an ocean critter you don't want to tangle!
- a place name meaning leeward; also the coffee
- tropical fruit; passion fruit in English
- another tropical fruit!
- lovely valley "behind" Honolulu; means cool
- family and extended family; belonging; inclusive
- Iolani Palace is the only one in the U.S.
- Liliuokalani, Hawaii's last Queen was the one we had
in mind, though there were others
- magical or scientific, we see many of these
- sport of kings, Hawaii is its birthplace
- also Kalo; major staple of the ancient Hawaiian diet
- "jumping flea"; brought to Hawaii by Portuguese
immigrants in 1879
- far too many to pick just one!
- the world famous beach and area second in density only
to Manhattan (in the U.S.)
Xerox - the Hawaiian word for Xerox (or photocopy) is
pepa kope, an excellent example of transliteration
- the Hawaiian word for year is makahiki
- Honolulu has one, and a great Web site, too!